Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6: Pasta in Tomato Sauce

We had to be quick tonight since our friend Dionne was reading at the Highland Inn. So about twenty minutes before Chelsea was to arrive home from work, I chopped up an onion, sweated it in olive oil, and then added some leftover wine (I guess I missed a drop last night). Once the wine evaporated, I added the tomatoes and a little bit of vinegar. At some point during all of this, I started frying three thick slices of bacon, a compulsive action I have when I near a stove. When the slices were done, I broke them into pieces--my kind of garnish. We served the sauce over fettuccine. For a side, we made a salad of mixed greens and apple, dressed with Chelsea's delicious homemade vinaigrette. Fast and easy--as close as we'll get to fast food (thank god!). Dionne, whose story you can read here, read wonderfully in front of a packed house.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com, modified by Chelsea