Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 20: BLT... I mean, BOLT



I had to fly solo last night, as Chelsea was away, dazzling the students at Lee University with her poems. Exhausted after a day of teaching and then studying for my comprehensive exam, I decided to keep things simple and make a BLT, adding some of the previous night's onion marmalade (see the unfortunately sloppy picture below).

Nothing much to report here: I baked the bacon for twenty minutes or so at 325, made a simple mayonnaise to which I added some fresh chives, and then cut up some lettuce and sliced a tomato. This all went between two slightly toasted slices of bread. I'm not sure if John Milton ever had a BLT (I suspect not), but mine went deliciously well with "Lycidas," which now, at least in my edition, has a bit of mayo on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say your bacon looks delicious. Is there any particular kind you use?
-Deni

Jimay said...

Hi Deni! Yes, we use uncured bacon from Eden Farms.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com, modified by Chelsea